Following these simple steps will help keep you protected during every stage of the process.
Creating your ad
- Choose a secure and unique password for your account. Click here for password creation tips
- Consider using our Privacy Protect service – we’ll assign you with a virtual phone number to your personal details stay concealed. This virtual number can also be used in place of your mobile number across other websites.
Managing enquiries from buyers
- Do not provide any buyer with your personal identification details like a copy of your licence, registration details or banking information
- Read about how you can tell of suspicious SMS and Email enquiries from buyers
- Be wary of buyers who offer you much more than the asking price or who ask you to pay for service such as shipping, agent fees or customs charges
- Remember, constructionsales will never ask you for your account information or login details by email or SMS.
- Do not rely on “proof of payment” from the buyer. Check with your bank, PayPal or other provider that the money has been cleared and make sure you can see the funds in your account
- Give the buyer a receipt to confirm you’ve received their payment
- Check our security updates regularly for important information.